Have you or someone that you know been exposed to mesothelioma? Perhaps this is not the first time you have heard this term. This is a type of rare cancer that occurs from a variety of causes, but commonly from being exposed to asbestos. Don’t waste any time in pursuing your options; contact an experienced mesothelioma lawyer to find out what your options are. Read the rest of our article to find out the benefits of doing so and what you can expect.
Mesothelioma is a terrible disease. There are many people who have been exposed to asbestos through their work and have eventually contracted mesothelioma as a result. The symptoms may even stay masked for years as the disease happens over decades and then complications set in.
The disease is very difficult to treat successfully, and those who develop it do not have a high or long survival rate as it affects the major organs and is quite devastating. People who are diagnosed with this disease usually only live a few years before passing.
What are some symptoms of this disease?
- Shortness of breath
- Wheezing or gasping for air
- Tumor growth
- Low blood sugar
- Blood clots
How can you treat mesothelioma?
This affliction is now being treated by surgery to remove any infected lining, followed by radiation through chemotherapy and immunotherapy. However, this treatments have not been performed to great success. As they are all very expensive and do not have a high rate of success or effectiveness, it can be tough to accept that you are dealing with a disease that takes no prisoners.
Who has developed this in the past?
Miners and other men who work in the excavating or material resourcing industry have traditionally developed this affliction. People who worked in coal mines were known for having a miner’s cough and dealing with respiratory afflictions from working in the mines. Many died before some of the more complicated damage from years of exposure to fine dust particles and carbon took their full toll. Back then they didn’t have lawyers, but today we do. You can decide to seek compensation for you or a loved one that is suffering or has suffered from this horrible disease.
What do I need to do?
- Find a reliable lawyer that can represent you and is qualified to represent you in the case.
- Make sure that your attorney is experienced in this field and knows a lot about mesothelioma.
- Keep every bit of medical records, check ups, receipts, documents, and anything considered evidence for your case. Do not throw anything away.
- Talk honestly with your lawyer. Tell them your story and be open about everything.
- Have an open mind and realistic expectations about what’s going to happen.
- Work with your lawyer to build the case and help move your case along.
- Figure out whether you’re filing a personal injury or a wrongful death suit with the help of your lawyer.
Speaking to a lawyer can help inform you and help you figure out if you have a case. Don’t miss out on compensation for what you or a loved one has gone through. Contact The Law Offices of Payas, Payas, and Payas today.