1st Oct 2014
Being involved in a car accident creates a stressful situation. Make it more tolerable by immediately contacting the expert attorneys at PayasLaw.com, conveniently located in 3 locations in Florida to serve you. You don’t have to suffer through vehicle damage, injury and emotional trauma alone.
Being Prepared for an Auto Accident
Being prepared in the event of an auto accident can protect you and your passengers. In the trunk of your car, carry an “emergency kit” that contains:
- A pen
- Medical information for each family member
- An emergency contact name and phone number
- Emergency flares, warning triangles or safety cones
What to Do When an Auto Accident Occurs
1. Try to stay calm. This may be difficult, but losing your temper does not help.
2. Check for injuries, and call an ambulance if anyone is injured.3. Call the police. and do not leave the scene before police arrive.
4. Move your vehicle away from traffic. Turn on your hazard lights, and use cones, flares or triangles if necessary.
5. Immediately note accident details: time of day, vehicle damage, other drivers’ names
and insurance information, witnesses’ names and phone numbers. Take pictures of the accident scene if you have a camera.
6. Contact Payas, Payas, & Payas to speak to an attorney qualified in handling auto accidents.
7. Contact your insurance agent.
Because an auto accident is traumatic, you may feel the urge to obtain every detail about the accident. However, your safety and health, and that of others, is your most important
concern. Allow the police officers and insurance companies to investigate the facts of your auto accident. Your attorney will work with the necessary agencies to ensure your rights are protected.
Working with Your Auto Accident Lawyer
Your attorney will advise you not to sign any documents or discuss the auto accident with anyone. It is your attorney’s job to handle all communications with authorities. If an insurance company representative contacts you to discuss the case, politely refer the person to your attorney. When the best time arrives to make a claim for auto injuries, your attorney will advise you about the next step.